Emacs ringing system: planned changes
Here are the changes I plan to make some time, in no particular
order. Items will be removed from here as they're done, and
corresponding items will appear in the changes page.
- method styles to suggest layout styles (in progress; needs
questions asking in different order)
- Configuration dictionary in PostScript, and (provision for)
appropriate setup in Lisp (in progress)
- Method groups for each stage occurring in touch book (done?).
- ``hide all ringing buffers, the boss is coming'' option on stand
- PostScript titles to fit themselves within available space
instead of making things go wrong if there's not enough room.
- touchbook to record details of mistakes
return something other than the treble, at least for lead ends
(might return the treble in the work), when the change is just
the external places.
- Circular full grid
- narrower layout on which to put stereograms
- settable BoundingBox for PostScript output
- HTML table output for methods (and, perhaps, groups)
- Lead end blobs not to get clipped at start and end of lines?
- Routines provided by line-style PostScript for title-style
PostScript to call to find hints on title size etc.
- Command to clear ephemeral group from mSiRiL-mode buffer
- Intelligent conducting to take user back towards the bits on
which they most need practice.
- Help for method extension.
- Treat interface to finding methods as an API with double
implementation -- with those lists, and straight from buffers
- callbacks on each row, having first sorted out callback
argument lists to suit, allowing things such as Dixons (in progress)
- editing of mSiRiL lines
- merge teaching and normal user input
- complete the touch parser
- complete the grid editor
- make it start Stedman at the right place (the other principles are OK)
Back to emacs-ringing index.
Last modified: Thu Dec 16 14:53:40 GMT 2004